Friday, July 12, 2013

Megacake vs. The Babinski


There is a very reasonable explanation for why this abomination exists. More read-words for looking at with your eyes after the jump.


Freshman Year of College. First semester.

It was a weird time.

Let me start with the Babinski since that one is a little easier to explain. (I'm not even joking right now. A fat, big foreheaded baby is easier to talk about then a big shouldered transformer with "cake" in his name.)

I had Intro to Psychology as one of my classes because college said I had to. I only remember so much from that class.

1) The Oedipus Complex (for obvious reasons)
2) Karen Horney (Also for obvious reasons.)
3) The Babinski Reflex.

The Babinski reflex is when you run your hand along a baby's foot and their toes fan out.

It's not the reflex itself but how our Professor said it.

This guy.

This man, in his flesh colored sweaters that made him unfortunately look like a toe, he knew in his tired, saggy eyes that NO ONE was in that class because they wanted to major in psychology. So he just summarized chapters from the book. You could ace his final from simply copying the dictionary in the back.

And the way he spoke just added to the experience. No, it wasn't Ben Stein and his lecture on Voodoo Economics. It was the slight lispy thing he had going on with his mouth. (See word "Basiky" above).

And the way he said Babinsky.... I don't know why my brain thought of this. But when he said that word, I pictured a very large, overweight baby with a giant forehead. Again, I don't know where my mind was. It was a weird year.

About halfway through the semester on a day he was summarizing a chapter, I brought my laptop in to "take notes". Really, I opened up MS Paint and drew the abomination.

I wasn't even the worst in that class! There was a guy who would stream movies on his computer and wire his headphones through his shirt and hide them in his hair.

Ok, so you know the Babinski, you know when I drew that picture. Onto the Mega-Cake.



There was this guy on the basketball team. He was a 7ft tall, Australian, dark haired, Clydesdale of a man. And he had the absolute biggest, broadest shoulders I have ever seen.







If you wanted to play football, all he would have to do is hold up his arms and he'd be a goal post. Put wheels on his hands and feet, you could use him as a flatbed trailer. You think I'm kidding? I'm not even kidding.

We compared his shoulders to Jafar from Aladdin and Optimus Prime from Transformers.. And we had this thing where we nicknamed Jafar "Jaffacake" back then.  (Again, weird year. I regret nothing). So one fine afternoon in lunch, I proposed the question,

"If Jafar and Optimus Prime were to combine, what would his name be?"

"MEGA-CAKE!" exclaimed my friend.

Thus. His name Mega-Cake was created.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Would that happen to also be the same general time as "But Gaston, he's a man!"

    Because that was an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete